Thursday 2 December 2010

Foods to Warm

Our days are beating to a slightly different drum lately due to the amazing amount of snow we've had, L's college is closed until Monday and N hasn't been able to get the car out of the village, so is working from home.

Such a gift to sit down to lunch together, candle lit, bowls of root veg soup and homemade bread. A true midday treat.

Remembering our feathered friends this morning, we made them foodie gifts to hang from our trees, so pretty.

Mugs of spiced chai latte and K's flapjacks for a delicious afternoon treat.
How I love snow days.


6 comments:

Dawn said...

Keeping cosy and well fed, lovely. We've just enjoyed a morning of snow play and now cosy inside with coffee and cake!

xxx

Tammy said...

You are such an inspiration to me with finding such gentleness and joy every day. I just love seeing you have a new post to read. :)

Susan said...

Denise, I'm so happy to see you remember our feathered friends. I love the project. It's cold here and I'm heading to the kitchen to bake. Love you, xoxo

Jacqui said...

Glad you have everyone safely gathered round you Denise. keep warm xxx

The Knitty Gritty Homestead said...

This is delightful! I have been in a funk for months now and seeing this reminded me of the joy I usually take in this kind of day...lots of simple, nourishing, yummy food, and the people I love to share it with...trying to find my way back. Thanks for the reminder. Lovely! Hope you're still enjoying that snow (my English/Irish friends have been keeping me posted about the sledging etc. they're up to!)

Anonymous said...

I love snow days too. Except when I have to go out and shovel!!